Loading...
PALP Inc. dba Excel Paving Company A2012-39 - CO2 _.- " 5 a41'441-. °cSfs F ° c'�`'`'} ph4''3s Vebi ter p°B ki d-." f2 y , 4 .rte" I len,'4r216/50kaitteillirNA :( Pi ,. ifi'•x, City Of oFF,HATPD" qos Chin® Hills fi January 9, 2013 David Cook PALP Inc. 2230 Lemon Avenue Long Beach, CA 90806 Dear Mr. Cook: RE: Change Order No. 2 to Agreement No. Al2-39 At their regular meeting held January 8, 2012, the City Council of the City of Chino Hills approved Change Order No. 2 to Agreement No. Al2-39 in the amount of $12,876.13. This change order increases the total contract amount to $691,991.83. Enclosed for your records is a fully executed copy of Change Order No. 2. Should you have any questions on this matter, you may contact City Engineer Steve Nix at (909) 364-2775. Very truly yours CITY OF 7720CHINO M. tiff MARY M cleUFFEE, CMC CITY C RK Enclosure cc: Judy Lancaster, Finance Director Raymond Hansen, Senior Administrative Analyst Yvette Martinez, Administrative Analyst II City Council: Art Bennett Ed M. Graham W.C. "Bill"Kruger Gwenn E. Norton-Perry Peter J. Rogers 14000 City Center Drive, Chino Hills, CA 91709 • (909) 364-2600 • FAX(909) 364-2695 • www.chinohills.org CITY OF CHINO HILLS CHANGE ORDER NO. 2 DATE: January 8. 2013 Project No. 507011 Contract No. Al2-39 Project: Los Serranos Infrastructure- P.O. No. 130434 Safe Routes to Schools Account No. 399-7100-888-8110 Contractor: PALP Inc. Distribution: (dba Excel Paving Company) Original to City Clerk 2230 Lemon Avenue Contractor Long Beach, CA 90806 Purchasing Department DESCRIPTION: Current Change Order 2.0% Adjustments to the Scope of Work Item Description 81 Additional concrete fill was necessary to stabilize an existing garden wall on the southwest $3,989.94 corner of Valle Vista Drive and Descanso Avenue. B2 Sawcut and removal of additional driveway, curb and gutter and sidewalk not identified on the $3,986.53 contract documents. B3 Removal of a block wall column not identified on the construction documents and additional $981.72 cost incurred for driveway removal with rebar. B4 A last minute change to the street lighting plan created a delay for the contractor while staff $3,340.09 worked out changes with Southern California Edison. The contractor had to maintain traffic control devices and NPDES during the several days the issue remained unresolved. B5 To ensure proper drainage flow, staff determined it was necessary to install a curb drain at $577.85 4176 Valle Vista Drive. Total Cost $12,876.13 Contract Time Adjustment, Add - 0 -Working Days. ORIGINAL CONTRACT AMOUNT $ 657,161.60 CITY OF CHINO HILLS Authorized by the City Council this Change Orders to Date: 1 the 3 day of Tan 2013. Add $ 21,954.10 Deduct $ - $ 21,954.10 cl)-tc-?-nap A ( PETER ROGERS, MAYOFQ _ Change Orders to Date 3.3% Adjusted Contract Amount $ 679,115.70 ATTEST: Change Order No. 2 1 A. ,_ 0/ !��//J it y'. • Add $12,876.13 MARY M. FFEE, CITY CLER Deduct $ - Net Change Order 2.0% $ 12,876.13 APPROVE. :Y: Total Change Orders 5.3% / STEVEN C. NIX, IITY ENGINEER AMENDED CONTRACT AMOUNT $ 691,991.83 0 ACCEPTED BY: PALP INC. (dba • CEL PAVING CO.)